Thanks to our foreign landlords, we can twist the meaning of the sign posted on the door to our apartment rooftop. Yes, we understand that frolicking on the roof makes us a liability, but hey, the sign could suggest we are granted permission. Even though we’ve almost exhausted our awesome 360 degree city view, we found some ways to make use of our illegal rooftop once more! 🙂
With the commencement of October comes pumpkin flavored everything (beer is our favorite), crisp strolls through central park, and warm fabric tones. Since fall weather can be a bit bipolar, find ways to make seemingly summer pieces work by throwing on tights, a beanie, or adding boots. This ensures that you are season appropriate but also unlikely to have a heat stroke on the warm days. At night, add a leather jacket, blazer, or cardigan to deal with the chill, and your outfit is officially fall-proof. (click to enlarge photos)
Whatchu lookin’ at?! 😉
Get the look: Dress-BCBGeneration (try this one); Boots-Steve Madden (similar here); Beanie-Zara; Leather Jacket-Zara; Bracelets-Mixture of Vintage, Forever 21, and Target
It’s finally Friday! As everyone’s busy week comes to a close, take time for adventure and inspiration this weekend. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Find something artsy to spark your creativity. Whether it be a new exhibit, art fair, or just a walk down the street in your neighborhood, get out of the house and discover something that inspires you. If you’re in NYC, take a trip to Dumbo for their annual art festival. (Dumbo Art Festival)
2. With the changing seasons, we find ourselves needing a change in home decor as well. Create a gallery wall from art you have around your home or purchase something new. For a more DIY’d look create one out of magazine pages, old book covers, record albums, or any other material you find interesting. (Gallery Wall)
3. In honor of fall, bake up some pumpkin flavored goodies. Try these amazing Pumpkin Fritters with caramel sauce from Simply Delicious. (Pumpkin Fritters)
4. Experiment with this fall’s fashion trends, and go for a look outside of your norm. Whether it be the wide brim fedora or leather pants, make a statement. You never know what you can pull off until you try it out! (Wide Brim Fedora)
5. Since it’s time to pull out last year’s winter clothing, give your old sweaters a face lift with this DIY by a pair & a spare. Everyone could use a little sparkle. (DIY Elbow Patch)
With the promise of an amazing fall in the air, we have officially begun digging out our winter’s finest. We’ve always loved a well balanced mixture of men and women’s wear with subtle pops to add character. Pairing bold prints with a bit of an oversized men’s sweater creates a not-too-casual look that’s good for any occasion. We complemented the blue in the pants with a soft pink and added a nice feminine flat to finish off the look. (click to enlarge photos)
Just because the view from our rooftop is absolutely stunning.
Remember when gauchos were a trendy item? Those glorious flowy capris that made practically anyone look short and stumpy? Hippies have always been known to wear wide-legged pants, but mainstreaming this style was an aesthetic disaster. I try not to cringe when pondering on my past fashion faux pas. all I can say is, I hope the comfort of those gaucho pants was worth my unsightly appearance.
Well, it’s been a decade since Gauchos were in style and seasonal fads are once again emulating bohemian trends. Hippie culture never fails to infiltrate pop culture. Lets face it, we all wish we were that free-spirited and effortlessly put together. But no worries, this time, these bohemian inspired pants are actually flattering! cheers to bohemia, Meet the Palazzo pant.