It’s finally Friday! As everyone’s busy week comes to a close, take time for adventure and inspiration this weekend. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Find something artsy to spark your creativity. Whether it be a new exhibit, art fair, or just a walk down the street in your neighborhood, get out of the house and discover something that inspires you. If you’re in NYC, take a trip to Dumbo for their annual art festival. (Dumbo Art Festival)
2. With the changing seasons, we find ourselves needing a change in home decor as well. Create a gallery wall from art you have around your home or purchase something new. For a more DIY’d look create one out of magazine pages, old book covers, record albums, or any other material you find interesting. (Gallery Wall)
3. In honor of fall, bake up some pumpkin flavored goodies. Try these amazing Pumpkin Fritters with caramel sauce from Simply Delicious. (Pumpkin Fritters)
4. Experiment with this fall’s fashion trends, and go for a look outside of your norm. Whether it be the wide brim fedora or leather pants, make a statement. You never know what you can pull off until you try it out! (Wide Brim Fedora)
5. Since it’s time to pull out last year’s winter clothing, give your old sweaters a face lift with this DIY by a pair & a spare. Everyone could use a little sparkle. (DIY Elbow Patch)
Oh wouldn’t it be lovely to be invited to the ever renowned Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Until that day comes, we’ll resort to awkwardly creeping on models, designers, and other fashionable elite as they enter and exit the runway shows, because lets face it, we have no shame in our game.
Day 1- Lincoln Center
We spent the day outside Lincoln Center scoping out trends for Fall. Mixing graphic tees and menswear with feminine accents seems to be a popular look this season. We also noticed an abundance of leather in all forms including shirts, dresses and skirts.
Fashion Week Day 1
Jay Manuel from America’s Next Top Model
Celebrity Stylist June Ambrose
Jules Sarinana of Sincerely Jules
The Song Sisters (Songs of Style)
Day 2- Highline and Milk Studios
We walked down to MILK Studios, a hotspot for fashion presentations, where we happened to stumble upon the Man Repeller, Leandra Medine. She may be known for her outlandish attire and witty tongue but she was gorgeous in person and adorned in a chic, all white post-labor day garment.
Fashion Week Day 2
The Man Repeller-Leandra Medine
Day 3- Back at Lincoln Center
Street style galore can sum up our Sunday back at Lincoln Center. Eccentric hair styles were all the rage. From pink bob cuts to serious fringe, if you’ve ever considered chopping your locks and going wild, now is the time to do it. On a second note, we spotted the infamous Janice Dickinson. I’m sure you all remember her as the highly opinionated America’s Next Top Model judge.
Fashion Week Day 3
That’s all for our rookie weekend, stay tuned for more fashion week excitement!